Tamiya 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1 (61119)
About the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1
The iconic Spitfire fighter was one of the backbones of the RAF in the desperate struggle for the skies during WWII, sporting a refined design and aesthetically pleasing elliptical wing, plus the proven Rolls Royce Merlin engine. It first flew in March 1936, and some two and a half years later in August 1938 the first production Spitfires - the Mk.I - started to reach units. This Mk.I would have a vital role to play in the Battle of Britain as the RAF and Luftwaffe played out a titanic struggle for the skies, and the successful fighting off of the Luftwaffe ensured that the Spitfire earned international fame that continues even in the modern day.
About the Model
- This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Fuselage length: 191mm, wingspan: 235mm.
- Superb accuracy is based upon in-depth examination of actual aircraft.
- Parts are included to recreate various types of Mk.I front canopy, sights, antenna bases and pitot tubes.
- The interior of the floorless cockpit is rendered in detail.
- Choose between open or closed canopy, each with dedicated parts for superb realism.
- Comes with 1 seated pilot figure and three marking options including for aircraft in the Battle of Britain and Operation Dynamo.