Conquer the skies with the 1/48 P47 D Thunderbolt Razorback from Tamiya
About the P47 D Thunderbolt Razorback
The P-47 was the first single-seated fighter to be equipped with a supercharger paired with a 2000hp engine, allowing it to fly at the same very high altitude as bombers. The P-47 was armed with eight 12.7mm machine guns. With the P-51 Mustang, the Thunderbolt constituted the main fighters of the US Army Air Force.
This is the representation of P-47D early production that was nicknamed "razorback" because of the shape of its upper fuselage behind the cockpit. The P-47D was a high-speed, high-altitude capable fighter and escorted the allied bombers that were conducting raids over Germany. Its 1-ton payload and its robustness made the Thunderbolt the perfect aircraft for ground attacking missions.
About the Model
- The US Army Air Force excellent P-47D fighter/bomber assembly kit.
- 1/48 scale, Overall Length: 230mm, Overall Width: 259mm.
- This is the representation of P-47D early production that was nicknamed "razorback". The massive form of the plane, especially its belly and its cowling, has been accurately reproduced.
- Flaps come as separate parts and can be attached in the up or down position. three types of mirrors, gun sights and propellers are provided.
- Engine cowling flaps and the intercooler air outlets on each side of the fuselage can be represented in the opened or closed position.
- 500lb bombs, rocket launchers and two types of drop tanks are part of the kit.
- A pilot figure and decals for two different markings are included.
As with all our Tamiya model kits, instructions are clear and concise, in order to allow the modeller to build a detailed model with relative ease.
These assembly kits require paint and modelling glue sold separately.
Curious Minds Science Ltd (Grasshopper Toys)
112 West Princes Street
Argyll & Bute
Refer a Friend. Earn Passive Income!
If you love what we do, and want to earn some passive income, our affiliate scheme is perfect for you. Here's the rundown:
- Sign up to our affiliate scheme using the link below.
- Send your referral link to a friend, or embed the link on your blog, website or social media.
- This link simply takes them to our website, and tells us you sent them there. So we know to pay you and not someone else!
- Once they place an order, you earn a commission equal to 5% of the total order value.