Tamiya 1/35 Russian KV-2 (35375)
About the KV-2
In December 1939 the KV-1 was officially adopted by the Soviet military; it was followed by the KV-2, a heavier design based upon the KV-1 chassis, but up gunned to a 152mm howitzer with the intention of breaking enemy strongholds; in order to accommodate the larger gun, the KV-2 was given a remarkably tall turret. Around two hundred were produced, and supply to the military began in July 1940. The following June, Nazi Germany invaded and the KV-2 - while suffering a number of breakdowns - took part in Soviet resistance against the invaders, their 152mm guns and impressive survivability enabling some amazing feats, helping stem the tide.
About the Model
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 204mm, width: 95mm.
- The imposing form of the KV-2 is artfully captured in 1/35 scale.
- Features depictions of the rough cast turret surfaces and also weld lines.
- Various hatches can be assembled in open or closed position.
- Assembly type tracks feature one-piece straight sections, and offer realistic depiction of upper run 'sag.'
- Comes with a full body commander figure, and a crew torso figure for installation in the hatch.
- Includes two marking options.
As with all Tamiya items, instructions are clear and concise, in order to allow the modeller to build a detailed model with relative ease. These assembly kits require paint and modelling glue sold separately.