Tamiya 1/35 British WW1 MK 4 Tank with motor (30057)
About the MK 4 Tank
During WWI, much of Western Europe was reduced to a massive battlefield criss-crossed by a seemingly unending network of trenches. The original British Mk.I tank was developed to break the deadlock; the Mk.IV was a later model based on many of the same design principle, and of which around 1,000 were produced starting in March 1917. A "Male" variant was developed to smash through enemy lines and in addition to machine guns it utilized large 6-pounder guns, in contrast to the separate Female variant equipped with only machine guns for armament. The Mk.IV saw a variety of action, including a mass deployment of around 400 at the Battle of Cambrai in November 1917, additionally prevailing in the world's first tank on tank battle with the German A7V in April 1918.
About the Model
This plastic model assembly kit accurately recreates the unique form of the British Mk.IV Male tank and is motorized to allow dynamic forward motion.
- 1/35 scale. Length: 230mm, width: 143mm.
- Fine moulding faithfully recreates the flat armoured panels with numerous rivets.
- Pre-assembled motor and gearbox unit included.
- Durable metal sprockets transmit motor power.
- Moving link type assembly tracks make for realism and easy assembly.
- Comes with 3 marking options.
- Requires one R6/AA/UM3 battery (1.5V) (separately sold).
As with all Tamiya items, instructions are clear and concise, in order to allow the modeller to build a detailed model with relative ease. These assembly kits require paint and modelling glue sold separately.