This stunning fully electric model shows the planets orbiting the Sun at their correct relative speeds with a removable Star dome.
The planets from Mercury to Saturn orbit the Sun at their correct relative speeds and the Moon orbits the Earth in synchrony.
Subjects to study:
- The Planets in their Orbits (length of a year, inferior and superior planets and more)
- The Moon and its Phases
- Eclipse Basics
- The Time - solar, sidereal and G.M.T.
The orrery can have all its planets displayed or just one or two. The planets can be positioned for any year or month up to 2020. The speed and direction of rotation can be changed!
Show how the stars and constellations have fixed locations in space whilst the planets orbit the Sun.
Additional subjects to study with the star dome:
- The Ecliptic and the Zodiacal constellations
- How the planets appear to move against the night sky
- Use of the Helios outside at night - where should the stars appear in the sky?
The domes show the stars around the ecliptic plus those over either the Northern or Southern hemispheres. Looking through the dome you see the stars visible at night!
To deliver the levels of understanding, accuracy is at the core of the Helios with planets revolving at their correct relative speeds and the star dome showing all major stars and constellations.
Base diameter : 36 cm (14 inches)
Height with Dome : 32-38 cm (12-15 inches)
Power supply: 6V supply via mains power adapter - supplied or battery operated - 4 x U2 cells required (not supplied).