Your average laser pointer is red and low powered. This is super bright green and has a true 5mW output (some claim 5mw when its actually the peak output). Its so powerful that if you point it into the air at night you'll see a solid beam coming from the pointer. It has a ridiculous range (longer than you can see). Safe to use without goggles and can naturally be used in presentations.
Here are some cool tricks combining it with our other products:
- Diffraction grating - shine laser beam through grating (or onto the shiny side of a CD or DVD) to split it into several beams...
- Magic Fireworks Glasses - same as above, only this splits the beams in 2 dimensions and gives you an array of dots - a cool disco display!
- Solar Radiometer - shine laser beam onto black surface of vane to speed up rotation
- Zero Launcher - shine laser beam through the fog
- Mirage Hologram - shine laser beam onto piglet - what will happen? You know the piglet isn't really there, yet the beam illuminates it!
- Mineral Study Kit - shine the laser beam into the translucent crystals to make them glow (like Superman's Kryptonite!)
|Output Power :||TRUE 5 mW output|
|Wavelength :||532nm (green)|
|Casing :||Chrome like finish|
|Safety Information:||Complies with Class IIIa, 3r and BS60825-1 regulations|
The laser takes AAA batteries (not included, contrary to what the included instructions state, sorry). Make sure to drop them in with the '-' end (the flat end) down and the '+' end (the end with the small raised central disc) up. If it doesn't work please be sure the batteries are new or fully charged.